Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hello Everyone!
This is my first entry on my new blog! My goal for this blog is to post ideas for surviving in a dismal economy. Research shows that for every job lost, 6 jobs are directly affected. Even if you haven't lost a job, chances are you are thinking about cutting back in your spending.

As a busy mom of 3 girls under the age of 6, most of my content will be geared towards families. However, most of my content should speak to people of all walks of life. Please feel free to add any advise.

When I am not spending time with my family, teaching, writing for eHow.com, or attending grad school, I will update this blog. I hope to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. In today's economy, many businesses voluntarily have cut back 20% in workdays. A lot of employers are very afraid of what will happen next to the economy, and are preparing themselves
    for what may come by working a less day per week.

    However, I strongly have been trying to encourage
    our government a national lottery connected only
    to the business community.

    In my humble opinion, I belive that this would be a far greater means of pulling us out of the current recession by rapidly moving the 2 to 4 million newly built unsold homes in the country.

    Let's take a closer look: say we each paid a buck for a shot to own a $300,000 home in our respective state[s].

    Bingo! I won a home, with all the taxes paid for along with insurance and property taxes for a year. Would this stimulate the economy?

    Let's now say that you won an SUV, with all its taxes paid, insurance and gas for a year. Would the Big 3 Automotive Industry really need to be apart of the federal bailout.

    Would banks need to also be apart of the federal
    bailout? Why don't we test this by asking eveyone in America what the want the federalis to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo! You can feed people or teach them how to fish. I think our government feeds too much without thinking about the teaching process. American families are paying the price, but maybe this lesson needs to be learned. The question is, what will we, as a society take from this?

    ReplyDelete